If you aren’t like me and didn’t grow up in one of the best places to enjoy winter (cough cough Kamloops), then let me take you through some of winter activities you can do in and around Kamloops that will make you love the winter months. All of these activities are outdoors and always more fun with a friend! 

Harper Mountain

Harper Mountain is a ski resort is 30 minutes from campus and offers lots of activities for a full fun day in the snow. Harper is known for its night skiing and insane tubbing tracks. Harper Mountain is close to Kamloops and has a cozy resort feel.  

Sun Peaks Resort

Next is Sun Peaks Resort. Sun Peaks is a bit further away from Kamloops at a 45-minute drive. However, the drive is definitely worth it as Sun Peaks is the second largest ski resort in all of Canada. The skiing here is to die for, seriously I’ve been skiing here since I was little and I’m still not tired of its terrain variety. But if you’re not into downhill skiing, don’t worry Sun Peaks offers many other activities such as: 

• Skating 
  • Tubbing 
  • Dog Sledding 
  • Nordic Skiing 

Sun Peaks is a destination resort right in our backyard! There is so many activities and not to mention the bustling village that you can ski right into and go shopping. 

Other Activities

If you’re not into the ski resort vibe don’t stress, there are plenty of winter hikes available around Kamloops, skating on local lakes, and yes more Nordic skiing at Stake Lake. If winter is not your favourite season, it can be just dress for the weather and go have some fun! 

By Future Student Ambassador, Arnica. 2023.

Other stories you may like

Back to all news

Search news stories